Linda over @ 2nd Cup of Coffee had a cute meme and Whitney @ Baby Exodus tagged me with a similar meme so I combined them.
Random Christmas facts.
- Wrapping paper of gift bags? I like wrapping paper, with lots of ribbon and bows and trinkets on it. Not all gaudy, but festive and pretty. I like themes to like all blue, or striped with maybe a candy cane attached.
- Does Santa wrap gifts? Yes, in all the same paper. No bows.
- How old were you when you learned the truth about Santa? This one is tough, I held on for the longest time, I'm going to say 10. But the thing is if we didn't believe in Santa he didn't bring us gifts anymore...so I think I had one year that I said I didn't believe, and then every year after I did! I love the idea of Santa, being santa, that is what I want my kids to learn, that it's the giving that is fun.
- Real tree or artificial? Well, I love real ones OUTSIDE. I hate messes, and trying to remember the watering and I have a cat who loves to climb...nuff said. I have an artificial that looks quite real and it is slender, which I like because we don't have enough space for the big round ones, Someday though I dream of a ginormous tree all themed out, glistening with lights and sparkly balls....
- When do you put up the tree? I won't allow myself to do it until the day after Thanksgiving, sometimes I can hold myself off until that weekend. I would LOVE to go shopping on Black Friday, but I hate crowds and lines and crabby people and traffic and driving around to find a spot. It has to be something HUGE to get me in the store on black Friday, so I keep myself busy with the Christmas decorating. This year I did get my outdoor treetips early and decorated them for fall. I'll change them out to Christmas. (Giddy at the thought)
- Hot Chocolate or Eggnog? Hot Chocolate with lots of marshmellows, and a candy cane in it!
- Favorite gift received as a child? Hands down my Cabbage Patch Doll Becky Emmelynn and my Barbie Camper. It was as long as me and I LOVED it. The Cabbage Patches were HUGE that year and my mom barely got them for us! I still have Becky, would you believe Butter thinks they are ugly? She would rather have the hideous Baby Alive doll! Have you seen the eyes on that thing?! SCARY!
- Hardest person to buy for? Don't hate me please. My Sister. She and I are SO different and I do not enjoy giving to her. NOTHING is good enough or right or appreciated. It's NOT about the thought with her, it's, you spent $35 on me that's what I'll spend on you. It doesn't matter that you searched and scoured for said gift and maybe it was totally perfect but you spent $10. So you get $10 next time. And don't even think about making something, that's like you gave her dog poo. I know that sounds really bad...but I've come to terms with it.
- Easiest person to shop for? Besides myself. Which we all do but really shouldn't, but OH that sweater is SO me and on sale.... The kiddos! Any and all kiddos. I know them, and take my time and put in the effort for the best gifts. (even the Nieces and nephew.) I love hunting for their gifts. Best THING ever. And they ALWAYS love it.
- Do you have a nativity scene? I have two. One is the Willow Tree set, I still need the standy thing but it's $80 some dollars...ouch! and I have a Fischer Price Little People brand nativity for the kids. They love it. When I was little our neighbors had a nativity outside in their yard. A handmade one. Beautifully hand painted. I would steal baby Jesus and play with him. Oh, how I loved that baby Jesus! Well, my neighbor told me I could no longer take baby Jesus because mother Mary was sad her baby wasn't there. So I would play then in the manger with Mary and Joseph...To this day I still drive by to see my baby Jesus!
- Worst Christmas gift you ever received? This is tough,because I like all gifts. It's the thought, not the thing. But I'm going to say the massaging slippers. Hubby had the THOUGHT right. You see he hates rubbing feet, something about footprints and fingerprints rubbing. He doesn't like that. Anyway, he thought he would get me something that would let him off the hook. Well, they were loud and ticklely and made my eyeballs jiggle in the sockets. It was WEIRD and gross. So I got regular ones and Hubby now has to make sure to use lots of lotion so his fingerprints don't rub against my footprints. (Isn't that the weirdest thing you've ever heard?)
- Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas. The Grinch who Stole Christmas, Jim Carey addition. and The Christmas Story. "You'll shoot you eye out kid!" Oh, and I like Christmas Vacation. The end where the Santa and sleigh get shot in the the sky and Grandpa starts singing the Star Spangled Banner. ELF! I'm just going to add all the cartoon specials too! Charlie Brown, Rudolph, Frosty, Shrek, Twas the Night before Christmas...love 'em all! The question should have been which Movie don't I like...I'm not fond of It's a Wonderful Life, I think it's the black and white I can't get past.
- Favorite thing to eat? You've got to be kidding. This list could take ALL week! I'll say my toffee, Tonya's spritz cookies and Mother's cut outs. But I love all the Hors Derv's you get at parties, HATE fruitcake, grossest thing on the planet.
- Lights on the tree? I put white ones around the trunk to give light to the center of the tree and colored on the outer branches. Would you expect any other way from Sara Martha Stewart? I am so laughing right now thinking of all your faces as you read this. HUH? she lights the INSIDE of her tree too! Yes, try it. It's so pretty. I do white and red lights outdoors in my tree tips.
- Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? YES! Hello who can't?
- Candy Canes like them or hate them? not my favorite, but I'll eat one of those tiny ones.
- Snow, love it or hate it? I love snow. Just dump it! I do get tried of it in March though. Then I've had enough. I love snow, just not the bitter freezing cold that comes with it sometimes.
Now I have a question for you, do any of you have issue with bumping up the Show Off Your Tree date? I'm dying here wanting to see all your bling and I don't know what I was thinking waiting until the 15th!!! What do you think of doing it on the 9th instead??
If you need a meme, by all means consider yourself tagged.
What I want for Christmas this year? A cold/sinus medicine that actually does what it SAYS it will do and cure it in 24 hours! That's not asking for much is it?