I love awards, especially if there is a crown involved. Although this award didn't come with a crown it came with sincere friendship. Which for me is priceless. Wendy over at Every Day Miracles tagged me the compliment that I am honest in my writings on this blog. But it comes with "rules". Along with the award I must post 10 honest things. Like, really honest things. Things that I normally wouldn't shout from a roof top, but whisper to my dearest friend. HMMM, If I accept this award I must tell things...isn't that like some kind of blackmail?? But of course I WANT the award, I don't want to be known as the "one that wasn't honest."
- I do not like fake or false people. I avoid situations where I am around them. (This includes family gatherings.) The Spirit in me WILL not rest until I have called out the "lie"
- I am VERY hard on myself. Self forgiveness is not something I'm good at.
- I have been told I'm sensitive. I LIKE that about myself. I don't like it being implied that I'm "crazy". (I will then GO crazy to prove I'm not crazy, only making myself look totally crazy) Y'all got that right?
- Wendy said this best: I am afraid to open up to people and love them completely because: a) I am terrified that after getting to know me they will not like me at all, b) I am afraid they will hurt me, and c) I am afraid I will lose them.
- I cry when I get pulled over. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I am deathly afraid of authority. (I could NEVER steal. I can't even imagine... I'd drop dead.) oh, and I haven't been pulled over since I had children, except that one time I was late to bible study...The guy actually LAUGHED at me when he asked "Where are you going in such a hurry?" and I choked out through my tears "bible study." Then he saw the bible and book in the front seat, he let me go. SHEESH! That was 3 years ago.
- I struggle with doubt. And obedience. BIG TIME.
- I worry that I'm going to screw up my kids. I can yell. I get mad easy. I also am quick to give hugs and say I'm sorry.
- I worry about being a considerate wife. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in MY stuff, I forget HE might not have had an easy day either...
- I love my blog friends. I have come to rely on many of you. I think of you often and wish I could fly around and visit. As humble as my home is, I'd throw open my door and welcome you in, right after I wiped out the sink and wiped down the toilet...you'd have to ignore the dishes, because THOSE aren't my job. (It was in the vows...Hubby does the dishes.)
- I am not a morning person. My children are up before me and feed themselves breakfast. I NEED coffee before I allow talking to me...no joke people. Ask Hubby, the kids or my friend Pollie. THEY know.
Now I'm suppose to tag some of you to be honest...
Jenni@ Conversations with my hairdryer
Brittany @ Becoming Me
Rach @ In his Hands
Heidi @ Minnesotamom
I chose you guys because we are new to each other's blogs and I want to get to know you better. So it's your choice whether you want to take the honest challenge. I was suppose to pick 10 people but , frankly, I hardly ever get 10 comments so I doubt 10 people are even reading this. It says I have 26 followers but some of them might be fake? Not fake people but fake followers...i don't know...so anyway I narrowed it down to 4. If you weren't mentioned and would like to do it...go for it!