What is with me lately?
I can't make a decision.
Should I go to Walmart today? Nah, I can wait, I don't feel like driving the six blocks or so. (Well six stop/go lights)
Should I plan our usual Valentine's dinner or "branch" out and get together with other families?
Should I go blond or brown with my hair? It needs color NOW.
Should I tackle laundry? I don't really feel like folding, but the piles are rapidly growing larger and my "favorites" all seem to be dirty. I hate the last jeans on the shelf. They are the LAST jeans on the shelf because they pinch and squeeze...
Do I attempt to make these sweet cuties?
I bought all the stuff to do it, but I'm afraid of what it could do to my mental health,being that I can't decide and all. What if I make them and they don't turn out, because my heart wasn't in it?
Why am I such a poopy pants?
I feel like I'm the party pooper, just because my idea of "party" isn't like everybody elses.
Some people think: The more the merrier.
I think the less is more intimate.
I'm not saying I can't get down in a crowd, but when it comes to birthdays, Valentine's day, Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving...those are all days I just want to be around my family. MY family. Weddings, Fourth of July, Superbowl Championship parades...those are all times to CELEBRATE long and loud.
Maybe some answers will come after I do my Random Dozen...
1. Are you pleasant when you're ill, or are you a grumpy, fussy patient? I'm not unpleasant, unless of course you don't do exactly what I wish when I wish it.
2. When you find out that school is canceled (due to inclement weather) what is your gut reaction? AWE Come ON! It's not that bad out. I can drive my Subaru in this...
3. What is one domestic skill you wish you could improve? sewing
4. Do you decorate your home for Valentine's Day? Yep, but I'm starting to get old because I've begun looking at it as "more work".
5. What song is on your mind today? Hang on Lucy and Single Ladies but then when ISN'T "If you like it, then you shoulda put a ring on it..." playing in my mind.
6. Do you prefer contemporary movies or classic? I like romantic comedies, I am discovering "classics" but it pains me to watch black and white, but then I saw When Harry met Sally the other day and that pained me to, if big hair ever comes back, I'm going to live in a cave till it's over!
7. How well do you "compartmentalize" your feelings? For example, how well can you put aside a really trying moment to deal with the immediate situation which is not related to the trying moment, e.g., putting aside a tiff with your spouse in order to finish wallpapering a room. Ha ha ha, really do I need to answer this one? I am NOT a waffle, my syrup goes all over the place!
8. What is the first thing that attracted you to your spouse? (Or if you're single, to your best friend.) That he wouldn't take my no for an answer. He was the first person to show me I was WORTH the fight.
9. When was the last time your heart raced? This morning, trying to pin down plans for Valentines days. My heart always races when stressed.
10. What are your memories of Valentine's Day at school? Digging through my stash to find the one valentine from the boy I had a crush on! Even though they were pre-printed I love yous, or I like you or You're cool...his name was signed at the bottom and THAT meant something.
11. If you were going to receive candy for Valentine's Day, which would you prefer? Dove dark Chocolate.
12. Red or pink? Red