Friday, September 19, 2008

Rah Rah Rally!

When I heard that John McCain & Sarah Palin were stopping by MN for a rally I thought gee that would be cool to go. Then I found out it was in my neck of the woods. I got a ticket and Peaches was sweet enough to take 1/2 day off of work. Then I woke up this morning thinking to myself...there will be tons of people, I'll be way in the back, I'm short (5'1 3/4") and it's not a good day to be a girl...if you get my drift. I wasn't going to go. Peaches said just go. I felt guilty that he stayed home to watch the kiddos...so I went. I parked where shuttles were suppose to bring us to the airport hanger where the rally was. They got lost. Once we got to the airport we had to walk like cattle another 1/2 mile. I needed to go to the bathroom now. I stood in line for 25 minutes all the while watching the place fill up. I wasn't going to see a thing. While in line I was listening to this woman in front of me, her friend came over to tell her where they'd be...I said to her. "I'm sorry but I have to ask you, Can I tag along with you." She was so gracious and answered "You can try." She waited for me to finish and off we went. True to her word she pretended I was with her. We ended up in the staging area! I can't even tell you the shock on our faces. Her friend was in the bleachers right behind the podium and we couldn't get to her. We realized that the Senator & Governor would have to walk right in front of us to go on stage! UnREAL. We waited. Stacey(my *new* friend) got a call and she said "Good luck, I'm going to go sit with them." I couldn't blame her they were sitting right behind the podium. I stood right in my spot it was good enough for me. Then suddenly the bus was pulling up and there standing in the window was McCain & Palin!
In an instant I knew that John McCain was going to shake my hand!!! He did. Twice! It was thrilling. Both of their speeches were amazing. I still have to pinch myself at all of it. It was my lucky day. Check out the video.



Here are a few pictures of them speaking. I couldn't believe all the security...it was a well oiled machine.

I met some really nice people too. What I got most out of today, politics can really be inspiring. And stay at home moms can luck out too!

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful experience! I would love to do something like that. :o)

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I'm adding you to my google reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How incredibly thrilling! Truly! Watching your video, I got butterflies ... how silly am I? Thanks so much for sharing! By the way - have things changed on your blog? For some reason, it looked different to me ... Well, in any case, it's lovely!
    Be well -
    Blessings,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
"Make it Known"