I so needed a meme today! And lucky me; there are two!
1. What was the last song you listened to? ABC Jackson 5, my husband had it playing in the kitchen last night while he was doing dishes. Yeah, I did a little butt shake. Can't be helped when I hear "Shake it shake it baby!"
2. Have you ever had “buyer’s remorse” over anything? OH YEAH! We got sucker into a time share thingy in Hawaii. I can't talk about it, it makes me so MAD.
3. What is something in your life that you are thankful for now that you didn’t think you would be at the time of the event? (Something that seemed ill-timed, inconvenient or hurtful which turned out to be a good thing) My parents divorce. I know now that they were not meant for each other. I was able to let go of my "perfect" family and focus on what I needed for a soul mate and not just someone to marry.
4. Do you watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade every year? If so, do you have a favorite float or balloon? IS THANKSGIVING in NOVEMBER?!? I'm already counting the days till it's parade time! I like the Broadway show stuff at the beginning, before the parade GETS to Harold square. I like EVERYTHING. But especially Santa.
5. Share a quote, scripture, poem or lyric which has been an inspiration to you lately. Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love. Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace. Ephesians 4:2-3 (it's our memory verse this week)
6. This is meant to be a fun question, and this is a G-rated blog, but please share a “guilty pleasure,” something that you enjoy that’s probably not the most edifying, time-worthy or healthy thing you could be indulging in. Did I mention this blog is rated G? I DVR a LOT of television programs. I LOVE TV! But there is no way I can watch all the shows I want without the DVR. I can burn through my daily soaps, oprah and an hour and half of primetime TV in about two hours at night. I watch NO commercials. I am so addicted to tv, it's insane. I used to HATE summer, because nothing new was on, thankfully they have changed all that!
7. What Thanksgiving food are you looking forward to? My Mother-inlaws, homemade stuffing. Seriously, half my plate is stuffing!
8. What is your favorite book to read to children, or what was your favorite childhood book? I like reading to my kids out of their children's bible, but usually my Husband reads to them at night.
9. Do you collect anything? (Feel free to post a photo.) would grudges count here? Okay so maybe I shouldn't admit that...I collect photos that I "someday" want to scrapbook! Oh, and dust bunnies. ;)
10. Gift bags or wrapping paper? Part of my gift IS the wrapping! This totally depends on what the gift is. I'm all about fancy wrap-jobs. And sometimes there is nothing cuter then a great bag!
11. Share an after-school memory from when you were younger. What was your routine like on an average day? NO. I am choosing NOT to answer this. After school was the worse time for me...
12. True story: Once, in a job interview, I was asked this question and told there would be no clarifying; I simply had to answer the question: “When you’re fishing, do you feel for the fish?” So what about you? Do you feel for the fish?? Absolutely NOT! I don't fish, and when I have; if someone didn't take my fish off the hook I'd shake it off, sometimes killing it because it swallowed the hook. Fish are gross, they are right up there with geese, snakes and bugs. Kill as many as you can, we don't need em! Disgusting!
Since I spent most of my morning designing and ordering our Christmas card my first question is:
1) Do you make your own Christmas cards, buy a box of them or order photo cards?
2) Do you save the photo cards you get from you friends and family?
3) What is your favorite soup? Is it homemade or from a can?
4) Leftovers...Love em or hate em?
1) I have in the past spent A LOT of time making cards, I'm a stamper so I had to put to use all those things I bought! There is NOTHING like getting a box of cards for 75% off and using them the following year. But since I have kids we do the photo cards OR I get prints and send one in the card.
2) I save every photo card, I buy those cheap mini photo albums and tuck them away in there so I can go back and look at the past years. (I do cut them so they fit the 4x6 page) It is really fun to go back through the years and see how the kids and families have changed.
3)Italian Wedding soup by Progresso is my current fave! I've had it at least once a week. I found a place, Salad Creations that makes homemade soup and Italian Wedding is on the menu, I must try it soon!
4) Totally depends. Soups and stews I'll eat again but most things, for me, just taste better the FIRST time around!