1. Which physical trait do you now accept--maybe not love, but accept--and no longer feel extremely self-conscious about? My, umm, small chest. The big chested girls always got the looks, and I was teased about "stuffing". Now that I'm climbing "the HILL" I am thankful my girls haven't got much sag...
2. This week Meredith Baxter Birney, best known as the mom on the favorite 80s sitcom "Family Ties" came out of the closet, which led me to formulate this question: Who do you think is/was the best TV mom? I really REALLY wanted Patty Duke to be my mom.
3. Do you speak any foreign languages? Are there any you'd like to learn? I took two semesters of French in High School, I learned to understand some Icelandic (due to neighbors) And I'd really like to learn what the gals in the nail shop speak because I'd love to know what they are saying about us!
4. Who is your personal hero? Jesus. He died 2000 years before any of my sins were committed and loved me then as he does NOW, he's my HERO.
5. What is one holiday food that you find extremely difficult to resist over- indulging in? COOKIES! And drinks, with alcohol in them! ;)
6. Tell me about a Christmas decoration that has special meaning or sentimental value. My Grandmother's sleigh bells. There are two sets, one went to another side of the family, I am the lucky one in MINE that got the other pair. Grandma Eleanor had a sleigh when she was a little girl... It is a magical sound to hear those bells. You truly think Santa is near.
7. How do you feel about snow? LOVE it! Pile it on, just keep the temps above zero please!
8. On average, how many hours of sleep do you get each night? Not that I'm jealous of any number over three or anything. Depends, I am difficult to live with if it's under seven. No seriously that is why they made padded cells, for people like me on less then seven hours sleep. I'd like to get 10-12. I sware in a past life I was a bear!
9. Tell me about your first crush. Well I started eyeing boys at age 5. I began teasing boys at age 7 and my first "crush" was on Donny Osmond. I would have loved to trip Marie, steal her matching outfit and preform with Donny!!! If you're looking for someone I actually knew, that would be Kyle Kramer. He had the most gorgeous, deep chocolaty eyes and soft brown feathered hair. I know it was soft because I'd touch it. I once drank a jar of pickle juice to impress him. Yes, it worked and I got a kiss. I thought he was too easy after that and lost interest. (I was 10) Today I swoon over Hugh Jackman, Jeff Probst and Brett Farve.
10. You're stuck in a room for 2 hours with only a chalkboard and chalk. What will you write/draw? I'd probably resort to writing Sara loves...over and over again. Or list my groceries.
11. Do you dress for the current temp or for the day's forecast? WHAT? I don't understand the question. I dress for WINTER, hello I live in the frozen tundra!
12. Favorite Christmas movie is? White Christmas, but last night we watched Prep and Landing; yes I KNOW it wasn't a MOVIE, but have mercy it was funny! LOVED IT! Oh, and Christmas Vacation makes me laugh. (I never realized how many "naughty" parts it had till we sat down to watch it one night as a family, I think we made it 10 minutes in, DEFIANTLY NOT A KIDS MOVIE!