1. Gingerbread: For or against? Discuss. At other people's houses. I don't like cleaning up after messes, making gingerbread anything is a mess.
2. Is it important to you to always stay (live) close to family? I used to like it, now I wish we had the "excuse" we live too far away to make it for that party and that party and that party...sorry, we'll see you at our once a year visit!
3. Which holiday pretend character do you wish really existed? You mean the DON'T exist??!!?!?
4. Which holiday movie best represents how you feel about Christmas or life? Christmas Vacation. I'm Clark. High Expectations and HUGE let downs and the motto the more lights the better!
5. Is there a particular Christmas song that you're enjoying now? Any that you're tired of? SO tired of Elton John's 'Step into Christmas' and 'Marshmallow World' they make my ears bleed. Other then that any Glee soundtrack song. LOVE LOVE LOVE right now.
6. What is your favorite way to remember those less fortunate at Christmastime? We give to the Food shelve at the beginning of the month when Santa and the fire department come around with their lit-up firetrucks. I keep $1 bills in my purse to drop in the kettles and we give to Toy's for Tots.
7. Does it upset you to see "Xmas" instead of Christmas? How about "Happy Holidays" etc., instead of "Merry Christmas?" It only recently started to annoy me. I guess when I'm told that my child HAS to learn about Kwanzaa, Ramadan and Hanukkah that's when I think IT'S CHRISTMAS! CHRIST-MAS. CHRIST was born on this day...I now make it a POINT to say Merry CHRISTmas. If it offends them well, that is on them, not me. I celebrate Christmas. I had a nice chat with the check out lady the other day, she said to me: "so nice to hear Merry Christmas." What happened to freedom of speech, now we have to say Season's greetings so we don't offend anyone...I'm OFFENDED! ;)
8. How many Christmas programs are you attending this month? Haven't yet. maybe one, if my son decides to go...
9. Are you dreaming of a white Christmas? Any chance of that dream becoming a reality? My dream has already happened, now I'm dreaming of a Christmas in the high 30's !
10. Tell me about a Christmas present you received as a child. Pics are always nice. Cabbage Patch doll. Deluxe Barbie Camper and Barbie Doll house. AWESOME.
11. How many Christmas parties are you attending this month? I'm not going to answer this one, my blood is beginning to boil...This month is CRAZY busy. We have our anniversary, Christmas and all that goes with it AND two birthdays. I dare ANYONE to say they are busier then me! (Except Santa.)
12. How do you keep yourself centered on the significance of Christmas? I'm still working on that one! No really, I plan to go read all the other answers and hope to find one that I can apply!