Monday, July 5, 2010

RED, WHITE and BLUE

We celebrated in our usual style; attending a family BBQ on the lake, wearing our red,white and blue and wishing the USA a HAPPY BirthDAY!
I also kinda started my own revolution. I joined the YMCA. July 4th was my first day of battle. Thirty minutes on the treadmill! I thought I was going to PASS OUT! My goal is to go five days a week. {note to self: you need cuter workout clothes.} Now I just need to touch base with a trainer and learn the darn weight machines. {note to self: let's not get too crazy, you just started and it's been like; what; 15 years of couch potato?}
I thought I'd share some pictures, since even my fingers hurt...

Ready for the fireworks!
 Nana bought all her grand kids{Roo, Butter and our nephew/cousin Blaine} matching 4th of July outfits.
Aren't they adorable?
I love that I can get my baby fix with Blaine, although I do have to fight Butter and Papa for some face time with him.
Butter was so sweet, she wanted Daddy to take her picture over on the hammock. She posed herself!
Speaking of posing, I took this one of Roo on his new big boy bed...
A family friend heard we were looking for a twin bed for Roo and offered us her daughter's captain's bed that her dad built for her. (who happens to be Nick's aunt.) I snagged a bargain on the quilt at Target for under $30!!!
He is very into maps, globes and cars! Oh, and if you can't tell RED.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I am working on a book development project. I am writing a children’s book about the transition from crib to “big kid bed.” I am looking for photographs to use in my book, and I really like the photos you have posted to your blog of your son in his new bed! I am writing to ask if you would be willing to give me rights to use the photograph/s in my book. I will need permission to use it for commercial use. Please let me know if you have questions about the content of the book. Thank you!

    Karen Langdon

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
"Make it Known"