Friday, October 1, 2010

Rock Tober

Is it me or has September gone awfully fast? I feel like we were just getting home from our family vacation and now the kids are bugging me about the The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.
The school is calling to set up conferences already! Have they been in school that long?
I find myself wanting time to slow down.
Butter has lost the last of her baby teeth had to have the last of her baby teeth pulled this week.
When Butter was 2 1/2 she was jumping on the bed, holding something in her mouth, she fell off the bed knocked one of her teeth out, root and all and knocked the front tooth  completely back up into the gum, where we searched for an hour to find it and were told by the dentist after an x-ray that it was up in the gum.
Over time it did come back down, but never completely, so when it was time to get loose it hung on for dear life...like an entire year. I have pulled a few of her teeth simply because they were so loose and she wouldn't do it, but this one, oh my cookies it was stubborn and with the new one coming in behind it I decided I'd let the professional deal with it and her.
She was scared going in, but if you'd have asked her she would have told you no. She's like her Momma, we carry it inside. I told her I'd be right here and watched her walk away. Yes I could hear what was going on and my heart ached for my girl. She did such a good job. She handled it like a champ. As usual she was a bit upset about the blood, but relieved it was over. 

Here she is before: notice the tooth on the right is smaller and looks to be hanging much lower then the other? That is because it is actually pushed out, because the big tooth is coming in right behind/under it. The gap you see next to it was where she lost the tooth completely and there still is no sign of one coming in there.


VOILA!
Here she is two days after having it pulled, the bruising and redness are gone. She had school pictures the day after it happened so it will be interesting to see how they turn out. She is growing up right before my eyes! Gosh, I love those chubby cheeks! She has the sweetest eyes, but watch out; she can sass.

Even though October has snuck up on me, I'm feeling good. I'm ready to rock this month.
Not air guitar and Poisin/Aerosmith/Motey Crue; but collect all the rocks I've been holding on to:

"Do not tremble, do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago? You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one."
~ Isaiah 44:8

Pride, bitterness, unforgiveness


"Is not my word like fire," declares the LORD, "and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?
~Jeremiah 23:29

Prideful spirit, Unwillingness to give over control, being disobedient.

and, "A stone that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall." They stumble because they disobey the message—which is also what they were destined for.
~I Peter 2:8

Not pursuing my spiritual gifts and how God wants to use me.






"There is no one holy like the LORD; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God."
 ~I Samuel 2:2


There is hope, there is forgiveness, there is a strength to draw upon, but I haven't done it long enough. I love the quick fix. The instant gratification. Problem comes up, pray about it, it's fixed the next day.
Ta da!
I'm failing to except His perfect timing, and failing in that is causing me a ton of stress and worry that builds into frustration and then bitterness. Yep, I can get pretty bitter with God. In a lot of ways I am a rebellious teenager thinking she can do everything better...even though I have not made any Heavens, or Earthes or living creatures...instead, I've made mud. And it hasn't been very good mud. It never lasts, all it takes is one rain storm and whoosh, gone. 
So I'm going to ROCK this 'Tober...
I am going to lay all of my rocks down and let the Master Builder do His work. I am going to stop playing in the mud, I don't want to be dirty anymore. He's going to wash me up and build something strong in me so I won't melt into a pile of goop when the next storm comes.

3 comments:

  1. Your daughter is precious whether toothful or toothless! And so brave like her mom.

    Yes you are learning. We get so used to instant everything in this day and age. But God's timing is different. I often wish I could go to the last page like in a book to see what He has for my life. But you know what? We can look to the end of the Bible. And we're on the winning side; yay God.

    So in the meantime and in the pages of life we live by faith. We live, we pray, we hope and we LOVE. And in the midst of it all, we know that He is with us and He loves us.

    It doesn't get any better than that.

    Blessings and love to you sassy gal,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, funny that I just used this title for a post last night. I love me some October.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sara!! So glad to hear from you! Your sweet pea of a girl is beautiful - growin' up fast! She looks so much like her mama :)

    Thanks for your kind words - I'll keep you posted on the art show and any plans after. I'll be popping in to visit! :)

    Blessings,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
"Make it Known"