Ok I've been talking about this for awhile now. My Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Oh, I have tons of recipes for those...you say? I sware if you don't love these cookies I'll buy your ingredients. Follow the recipe to the letter and you will be amazed. (I wouldn't even give these up to my bible study group.)
BUTTERVILLE SARA'S CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!
- 2 c plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 c (2 sticks) UNsalted butter
- 1c plus 2 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1 large whole egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 tablespoon pure Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c (1 bag) Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- nuts if you'd wish (I don't)
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour,salt, baking soda; set aside. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Turn off heat and add both sugars; Whisk until combined. Transfer mixture to a large bowl, and let cool to room temperature. (About 20 minutes)
- Whisk egg, egg yolk, and vanilla into butter mixture. Fold in flour mixture until just combined. Fold in chips. (& nuts) Wrap dough in plastic wrap; Refrigerate until firm, about 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325*. Using two large spoons, place golf -ball size mounds of dough 3 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake until golden brown and the tops no longer look wet, 12-14 minutes. (Watch them until you get a feel for your oven.)Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes; transfer to a wire rack.
STAND BACK! They will be gobble up.
I hope you like them. Just a note though these are tough in humid weather. They want to flatten out. Let me know what you think.