Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sara 7 the Tree 0

The parties are over, the gifts are all opened(They'd been wrapped since October!) The recycling is in serious need of being picked up!!!
This is what we look like after a day full of taking things down and putting them away.

I had the kids help take the ornaments off the tree. After all they helped put them on. They each have their own box of ornaments. Each of the ornaments then have a box (Most are Hallmark) So it's easy for them to put them away. I think this will be added to the "traditions". It made things a bit easier for me. As I do every year I cut some ornaments out. I usually end up buying ones on clearence...so the ornaments that have seen better days get cut. The one thing I couldn't bare to take down was my Willow Tree Nativity...I'm going to leave it up for awhile.

Today I am going to try my new popcorn popper and try a caramel corn recipe. Our Vikings are on this afternoon. Hubby is DREAMING!

On a sad note, the in-laws are on their way to Florida. Their winter home. They left yesterday morning and won't be back until sometime in April. This gets to be LONG for us and the kids seeing how they are our #1 babysitters!

5 comments:

  1. LOL, when I first saw your title and then the white around your head, my first thought was that you got hurt tackling the tree!!!!! Then I realized it was a towel and that the title said SARA 7 not TREE7.

    Isn't it nice to have it all done?!!

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the idea of helping take things down as a tradition is an excellent idea. Why didn't I think of that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what's that on your head? and a vacation home? do they ever invite your for a visit? i imagine a trip away from snow would be great...at least for a little bit!

    and the nativity scene? i'd keep it up all year, especially if its a willow tree. they are gorgeous!

    glad you've survived the taking down and are relaxing tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've looked like this since the day after Christmas! We've been so LAZY! The kids really fought going back to school today after having a week to lay around in their PJ's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got the Willow Tree Nativity set too; it's stunning. I want to find a safe place (read: no mama, I want to play with the camel too!) to leave it up so I can see it all year, but there's something so special about taking it out each December.

    I love me some couch time with a good blankie; Roo's one smart cookie.

    Blessings, Carolynn

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
"Make it Known"