Friday, January 23, 2009

Valentine's Tradition: Love Notes

I started this tradition the year Butter was born. Or the Valentine's day after she was born. 2003. I found this sweet box and decided that we would write little love notes to each other. Telling why we love that person. And after dinner on Valentine's day we would get to read our love notes. It is a guarded secret until Valentine's day. Which isn't so hard because Rob is one to wait until THAT evening to write his notes!! Some of the earlier ones were typical, I love you because you give good hugs...
Each year I press for better more descriptive notes. So in 2008 I added a note. What we love about ourselves. Each person would write something


About what they loved.
Roo wrote: I love that I'm a big boy now.
Butter wrote: I love the way I dress. (she had begun choosing outfits and dressing herself without input)
Rob wrote: I love about me...is my ability to meet new people.
I wrote: I love that I am thoughtful, that God gave me a sensitive heart. I love that I am a wife and mother.
I love that Jesus lives in my heart.
This is still so true...I have NO idea how to do better then that, or come up with something different.
I joined the Meme yesterday that Sara had giving a letter in which you then had to come up with 10 things you love that start with that letter. Would you believe I got the letter:
  • LOVE. 1 Corinthians 13: 4-10 Tells us all about LOVE. It is patient, kind does not envy or boast, it is not proud. IT NEVER FAILS.

  • LORD. O Lord, Our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

  • Lilies.

  • LIFE. It is precious, long or short it is a gift. Jesus gave us EVERLASTING LIFE.

  • Luxurious. The soft fabric of a favorite blanket. The decadent smoothness of good chocolate. The 400 count sateen sheets. The warm sand between my toes.
  • Lemon bars. I love the sweet tartness of a good lemon bar.
  • Licorice. Red or black doesn't matter. YUM!

  • Lights. Twinkly, lovely lights. You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness to light. Psalms 18:28

  • Left Behind. This book series made me serious about coming to Christ.

  • Leona Lewis. I love her soulful sound.
    1. I really enjoyed this meme...thanks Sara. If you'd like to play...leave a comment and I'll email you a letter.

      5 comments:

      1. This is such a good meme. I'm amazed by the great things people come up with. I already did it or I'd ask for a letter!

        ReplyDelete
      2. What a fun meme! You were so creative. I loved every thing you came up with and all of the beautiful pictures.
        I alos really like your valentine tradition of writing notes. I so love getting little notes form Dave. It's my love language. :)

        ReplyDelete
      3. aww, sa-weet! i just bought 3 little red tin mailboxes at target yesterday to put love notes in for my guys. i want v day to be so much more than just the 14th. and i loved what your kids wrote.

        great L list...i'd say you got an easy one!☺

        ReplyDelete
      4. first off..I LOVE good n plenty!!!!!! I have a box stashed in the drawer next to the sofa at this moment!!!! YUM!!! And the best part is that no one else likes them so I get them ALL.....ya, I know, not on my diet...it's why I hate them!!!

        On V day, Steve gets Alyssa and I get the boys. Steve even remembered to send her something at college last year!!! Her very first rose was from her Dad on V day!

        ReplyDelete
      5. Aw, man, I got L too. I'll try not to do the same ones as you.

        Love your Valanetine's idea.

        ReplyDelete

      I love hearing from you!
      "Make it Known"