I've been reading my bible and checking off scripture that I just need some more clarification on.
Since the majority of you ladies are pastor's wives I come to the right place in asking.
One is from Matthew.
Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone that speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.
And a similar one in Mark.
I tell you the truth, all the sins and blasphemies of men will be forgiven them. But whoever blasphemies against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin.
What does it mean to blaspheme or speak against the Holy Spirit? I'm not asking you TO do it, I'm only asking what IS it.
So, if one where to speak against the Spirit then eternal life or chances OF an eternal life are lost?
What if they speak against the Spirit when they haven't excepted Christ, then DO except Christ, does THAT forgiveness blanket over it because they weren't a believer?
See, tough questions.
It has just been rubbing on me, I think I can interpret them clearly, but I've been known to have opinions on things that weren't exactly right on the money. Ahem.
Your guidance on the matter is greatly appreciated.
Now onto Not Me Monday:
- I did not loose my temper this morning on the appointment desk for our clinic.
- I may or may not have used extra pink eye drops on my child because said clinic was booked solid all DAY and couldn't fit us in until after hours which would have been too late to start antibiotics so Butter could go to school tomorrow, which is her student play.
- I will not admit to eating caramel corn for breakfast.
- I did not think about spending $$$ on a docking station for my ipod, instead of getting the shower gift and grad gift I will need for this weekend.
- I will not be watching Jon and Kate or the Bachelorette this evening.
- I will not be waiting patiently, while you ponder those verses for me.
- I have not become addicted to facebook.