1. Are you sticking to traditional Thanksgiving foods this year, or are you being culinarily adventurous? I made peanut butter cup cookies with fall sprinkles does that count?
2. Tell me something concrete that you're thankful for. (Something you can literally touch, see, etc., not a concept like "hope.") My husband and kids. I know everyone says it, but really mine put up with me, and I can be A LOT to put up with, but they love me...so I'm extremely thankful for them.
3. You knew the flip side was coming: Share about something intangible that you're thankful for. God's grace. HAVE MERCY; I need it!
4. Share one vivid Thanksgiving memory. It doesn't have to be deep or meaningful, just something that remains etched in your memory. I cooked dinner for my Mom and sister in my very first apartment. I made a turkey breast, and all the fixings. I loved decorating, cooking everything it was so nice. Now would I go through all that for the entire clan of Wonderbreads family, absolutely NOT! (see answer #5)
5. What is one thing that you know beyond a shadow of a doubt is going to happen this Thanksgiving because it always does, year after year? Somebody(elses) kid is going to gross me out! Last year said child whined and cried over wanting a turkey leg, their are die hard leg lovers and this kid just wanted it because it wanted it. Said child ate very little of the food told to eat before scarfing down on candy and treats, the leg sat on childs plate, the Mother came over took the leg that had one bite on it, she took it and put it back on the meat platter. I asked politely "Did you just put that back on the platter?" She gave me the look of death and said "We're all family here." I look over a child again and realize the kid has a runny nose. Needless to say I did not eat any turkey last year. And I'd like to add, children are NOT picked up after when they are done eating. There is food on the floors, the beautiful tables are a mess. It' like being around a bunch of real animals!
6. Do your pets get any left-overs? Oh, yes! Oh yes! OH YESSSSS! Their thankful too!
7. Does your family pray before the big meal? If so, do you join hands while seated, stand, repeat a formal prayer or offer a spontaneous prayer? Who does the praying? Well I will say yes, we recite a prayer. If it were MY family I'd step up and ask to say the prayer, I'd LOVE to bring Jesus in...
8. Will you be watching football in the afternoon? If not, what will you be doing? It will be on if that's what you are asking.
9. There are two distinct camps of people on this issue: How do you feel about oysters in the dressing/stuffing? What planet is this from? YUCK!
10. Do you consider yourself informed about the first Thanksgiving? Yep, school play, I was a pilgrim.
11. Which variety of pie will you be enjoying? Not much for pie, especially those baked by a certain family member who ALWAYS makes the thanksgiving pie, funny how it never get eaten...Thats why I'm bring cupcakes and peanut butter cup cookies! :) Can't step on toes if it isn't a pie.
12. Do you feel for the turkey?? (This is a humorous throw back question related to the 12th question in another Random Dozen!) I feel sorry for the leg lovers...'nough said.