Monday, May 24, 2010

Coo Coo for Coconut!

I don't really know when it started. Maybe it was March when the last bit of cold weather was hanging on and we had glimpses of the coming warmth. Where lazy days of laying in the sunshine, slathered with Tropical Coppertone SPF 30!
MMMM, that smell. That coconutty, deliciousness...
No, I've never licked my skin after application. Who would DO that?
Instead I will eat spoonfuls of shredded coconut straight from the bag.
I make this glaze, called "put the lime in the coconut" it's suppose to go on cake, but I eat it like soup.
Or I glaze pound cake with it. It doesn't look pretty, but it is GOOD.
So now I've become a wee bit obsessed with the coconut. I have coconut foot scrub and cream. I have coconut conditioner for my hair. I have coconut lip balm for my lips that smells SO good I have to remind myself not to eat it. (remember grape lip smackers???)
I found Edy's coconut smoothie bars in the freezer section at Cub. They have little bits of coconut in them. YUM!
If they made a detergent that smelled like coconut I'd be in heaven. What could be better then laying down at night with your bed smelling of sweet sunscreen and the ocean waves playing on your ipod.
Yes, actually being in a tropical paradise would be better, but I can't afford that.
I can only afford these small luxuries of coconut smelling and tasting treats!
I have become coo coo for coconut!

1 comment:

  1. I am with you! I love anything coconut....unfortunately, no one else in my family likes it......Maybe that is a GOOD thing! more for me!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
"Make it Known"