1. Have you, or has someone close to you, ever won an award for anything? (I just came from my dad's ceremony wherein he was given a medal of honor by the French government for service in France in WWII. Pictures to follow.)
I once won Miss Congeniality in a city pageant. I also won best party dress when I was 7. But I have to say being chosen by my peers to give a speech at our high school graduation meant the most to me.
2. Who is the nearest relative to you who has served in the US Military?
My dad was in the Navy for 4 years. My Father in law ~ Navy and then Army reserves and Brother in Law ~ Navy careers men.
3. Share something that stirs the patriotic spirit in you.
I never gave much thought to the flag, but after 9/11 it means SO much more to me then just a flag. I understand it to be a symbol for what our country stands for...every year since 9/11 I go back, I remember, not to would just mean I take my freedom for grated and I never want to do that again.
4. Where are you in the birth order in your family? Do you think your "placement" made a difference in your personality?
I am technically the "baby". But I was raised not to be, I never got "babied" and I ended up not being believed a majority of the time, which caused years of therapy...My mother had issues of worthlessness due to her baby sister getting all the attention and favor, she wasn't going to allow her youngest to be babied in any way. It took 35 years for our relationship to heal. I am doing my best to break the cycle, I feel fortunate to have a boy for the youngest, boys are hard to baby.
5. Name one trait you hope you carry that was evidenced in your parents or grandparents.
You know, I can't really think of any. I didn't know my grandparents well, and the stories I've heard don't shed them in good light, and my parents, well, they kinda made messes of their lives and relationships and I do NOT want to live by their choices and mistakes. I shed more then my name when I got married, I chose to live differently...I am Christian, and with that I hope to change the legacy of MY family.
6. If female, do you prefer wearing a skirt or pants? If male, shirt and tie or polo?
sweatpants. I go for comfort.
7. Approximately how many times do you wake during the night? What do you do to go back to sleep?
on a good night I don't wake, but there are times when bathroom calls. I usually have to read to get back to sleep.
8. Share a favorite movie quote.
I wasn't going to do Random this week, because I thought the questions were too difficult and personal to answer. (Not the usual fun and funny) But this was the question I wanted to answer.
"I'm like Lionel Richie Baby, I could go ALL NIGHT LONG." ~ Vince Vaughn to Jennifer Aniston in one of their fights in the 'Break~Up'
I use this on my husband all the time when he tries to win a verbal spar. I have it programed into our ipod deck so all I have to do is hit play and you'll hear Lionel...
9. What is your favorite Fall candle scent?
I am sensitive to smells, but I do like Yankee Candle's Autumn Wreathes
10. What is one Fall activity you're looking forward to?
Going to the apple orchard which I've already done for the SweeTango's, but we go for Haralson's too.
11. Tell us about a pleasant surprise that happened to you recently.
Not to be Debbie downer, but I haven't had any to think of.
I've been dealing with the superintendent about bus route issues, my hubs got bad news at work, our football team is 0-2...you get the idea!
12. What was it like when you first met your in-laws-to-be?
I was scared out of my mind! I knew that my Husband had called them the day after we meant and told them He met the girl he was going to marry. It was another couple weeks before are schedules matched for dinner and by that time we had already bought the ring. It was SO nerve-racking! I still have doubts that they think I'm right for their son and it's been almost 10 years. I guess at this point it doesn't matter, Hubby and I are happy and that really is all that matters.