Thursday, February 17, 2011

Long suffering.

It seems I am being taught a lesson in long-suffering.
There has been a prayer on my heart (well, a few actually, but one in particular) that I been, up until yesterday, very patiently waiting to be answered.
If you know me at all, you know patient is not in the top 100 list of things that would describe me.
Nope, wouldn't even make the top 100.
I am being completely serious.
So the Spirit has been pruning my shrubs and working real hard at growing Him some patient fruit.
Ha ha, I just saw in my minds eye what that would look like, and he was wearing a purple bandanna on his head and he looked like he could use a cold lemonade to chase away the sweat.
Yeah, good luck with that fruit...I got some tough soil.
So I say to you Lord, Haven't we waited long enough?

Whether we like it or not, we will obey the Lord our God to whom we send you with our plea. For if we obey him, everything will turn out well for us.~ Jeremiah 42:6


We can rejoice, too when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us-they help us learn to endure.~Romans 5:3


Aren't you tired of this repetitious prayer?
Wouldn't you just like some peace and quiet over this matter?
You know how I can nag.
You know how I can get loud.
What if I turned this prayer into a dance to hip hop music?
You know how ridiculous I look trying to be "cool".
Would that help things along?

Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.~Philippians 4:

Could you at least tell me WHAT is holding us back?
A clue?
Something?

When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.~Psalm 94:19


Alright then, I'm gonna have to go hip~naggy~loud~hopping on you.
That's all.


So don't get tired of doing what is good. Don't get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time. ~Galatians 6:9

2 comments:

  1. Now that is a dance I would like to see!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm gonna need to see this dance. :) I need patience, too...in a huge way.

    P.S. I wrote you this on my blog comments but wanted to bring it to you here in case you missed it - your comment made my day and definitely made me LAUGH! AND...A friend I work with has the married name Cox, but her all-time favorite boy name was "Holden"...haha so yep those don't really go well either!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
"Make it Known"