Friday, March 4, 2011

When you wish upon a star...

I have posted several times before about my dream for our family to go to Disney World. I had thought that I was very close to reaching that goal in January, when I found out what the tax refund would be and having spent many hours complying data, tips and pricing.
I was prayerful;
" Lord, if we are to use this money to do this let there be peace in my heart to move forward. If it is your will that this is not the time, please take away this desire and refocus my mind on what IS your will."
I had stopped collecting data. It just got too over-whelming.
Then my husband came home late. The car broke down. It was a clear sign that the paper route needed to be over. Control would need to be given up in this area for my Husband.
Then came the news about the house foreclosure.
We had been jumping through hoop after hoop, all communication had stopped on their end and it wasn't until a call from the sheriff told us of the sale. Panic set in for me.
Disney was not only off the table it was thrown into a dark corner to collect dusk until who knows when!
I began our search for a "new" place to live. I found a few things and wanted to go look at them. I needed a better idea of the space. I called for an appointment and was given a name. Sean. He called and said that day didn't work and that he'd call or email the next day to set something up. He didn't do either. I waited half the day, then I called again requesting someone else. A lady called me back she couldn't do it that day either. Time was running out, I only have the weekend to do these things since we have one vehicle. I called again and asked for yet another person, someone that could do it today.
Finally someone would meet us, in 15 minutes!
We met with Linda, and even though the space was not going to work for us, we felt the desire to share our situation with her. At which point she told us she had gone through this exact thing when her husband became sick and lost his job. She took us under her wing and just started telling us what the next steps were.
We met with a lawyer, Heather, that explained in great detail what was coming, what to expect and gave us some unexpected news as well. She went through foreclosure as well recently. She was now doing this work because she felt called to help others. I cried. I asked a million and one questions. I cried some more. 
At the end of our meeting Heather looked at me and said "It's going to be alright. I want you guys to take some time and some money and do something fun for the family. You need to break the stress."
Rob laughed because he had suggested the same thing and my response was: ABSOLUTELY NOT! We need to save every last cent, we have no idea what is coming.
I was being given permission to release control, reminded that I had a life jacket and I would not be left to sink.
I said to them "I believe we were meant to meet. I believe that Rob and I were meant to go through this and go through this with both of you."
From the moment it all happened I never once feared loosing the house. I had peace that God was taking control and all we had to do was hold on to Him, cling if we needed, but TRUST Him. My worry came in the sense of lost dreams, Disney. Or at least taking our first family vacation somewhere.
Instead, I feared it would be all about the stress of moving.
That evening as we drove home I asked "Do you think we should?"
"Should what? Go to Disney? Yes. I know that you can get us there on a budget. I trust your gut." Rob said.
I was up until 3:30AM researching, I was even more over-whelmed then before, I could not make a decision. I finally went to bed and prayed:
Lord, please release me from this. I can't make a mistake. This can not be the right thing.
The next morning I checked my email, one message led me to one website then another and another, soon I had a quote and it was off the charts do-able! As soon as I confirmed the reservation I felt relief. JOY!
I believe that this was His planning and timing. I have wanted this for years, I have struggled through some heavy stuff and right now it's as crushing as ever. I could easily go down that road to depression and get lost there. But He has been walking right there with me, guiding me away from that. Nothing can be done now but repair and only time can do that.
When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go thorugh rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.~ Isaiah 43:2

Those who plant in tears will harvest with shouts of joy. They weep as they plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the harvest.~ Psalm 126:5-6

I believe that this was His planning and timing, I believe if we weren't going through this storm Disney never would have worked.
When I  had lost all hope, I turned my thoughts once more to the Lord. ~ Jonah 2:7

The Lord is my strength, my sheild from every danger. I trust in him with all my heart.~ Psalm 28:7

SO be truly glad! There is wonderful joy ahead, even though it is necessary for you to endure trials for awhile. These trials are only to test your faith, to show that it is strong and pure.~1 Peter 6-7
We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trilas, for we know that they are good for us-they help us learn to endure. And endurance develops strength of character in us, and character strengthens our confident expectation of salvation.~Romans 5:3-4

If I didn't cling to these verses, I wouldn't be headed here: 
When my eyes set upon this, I will think of Heaven and the palace promised for those who put their faith in the Lord:


It will feel amazing being the guest at a table that we drempt of, seeing those we've longed to see; I can only IMAGINE being a guest of Jesus...


There is a princess I have always wanted to meet! And a certain "hero" of mine. I was 13 when I went to Disney and the only one I remember meeting was Goofy.

Move over Tina and Stamos!
The little 8 year old girl is bursting to come out of me and gaze on the Beauty whose true love wasn't skin deep! I also can't wait to meet my "mentor" Mary Poppins, since we are both child care givers and believe just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!
Disney is most definitely our sugar!



When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are

Anything your heart desires will come to you

If your heart is in your dreams, no request is too extreme

When you wish upon a star as dreamers do

Fate is kind, she brings to those who love

The sweet fulfillment of their secret longing

Like a bolt out of the blue, fate steps in and sees you thru

When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true

3 comments:

  1. A wish come true! What a blessing. I know you'll enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the verses - so appropriate, heart-wrenching but still assuring.

    I am sooo happy that your Disney dream is going to happen. And we want to hear every little detail! Let that inner 8-year old run wild! Throw up in the teacups! Chase down the princesses! Wear those mouse ears proudly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're going to get the chance to go! These times are tough (we're going to end up losing our house too, later this year). Grab onto the good stuff and enjoy it! : )

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
"Make it Known"