Monday, January 13, 2014

Take 2, One Direction

All morning I sat working on a post about my December.
I had a cup of tea and hated it! HA! So I decided to draft it, maybe posting it later.
Take 2!
I came out of the closet this weekend.
No not that closet…the boy band loving one.
Oh, believe me back in my day I loved me some boy band!
NKOTB
Insync
Oh, yeah.
You can not deny the power of a really good pop song sung by a bunch of cutie patootie boys.
Nope, never gets old for me, but I'm also a 39 year old mother of two who is not about to start fangirling over barely legal crooners.
I will however admit to:

  • knowing how they got there start, and being a fan from the beginning. (by fan; I mean supporting them & wanting good things & success.)
  • knowing that all of them hate dancing and they have about 4 signature moves, which crack me up when done in synchrony.
  • listening to their music and finding it catchy, dance-worthy, and likable
  • watching their movie over this past weekend.
I am of course talking about One Direction.
Now, I'm not saying I like all their work, but I gotta tell ya, I really do like 
Story of My Life.
Maybe it is my reflective age, or the beautiful cords strung together in a tempting beat. Or the soaring vocals, or just the touching lyrics. Whatever, I like it. It is a song that has been playing in my head since I first heard it on SNL. 
Now, I couldn't tell you who is who in the group like a true fan girl, but I do hope they continue to keep it together and keep making these beautiful catchy tunes instead of melting down in public like so many others before them. 
So there, I'm out of the closet! Loud and Proud!
And we danced all night to the best song ever
We knew every line, now I can't remember...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!
"Make it Known"